New Felt Animals, Hoop Art, and Vacation!

I was doing good there for a while actually updating the blog weekly. Oops. I haven't posted in weeks! I did take a few work in progress pictures on the Squshies Instagram.  I'm almost always listening to an audio book while I'm sewing so it is easy to take a quick pic with the Ipod. Guess I'm going to have to do week in review posts with Instagram pictures.

Although the blog has been neglected the last few weeks there has still been a lot of new things with the Squshies!

felt shark ornament

felt safari animalpolar bear felt animal ornament

Three new felt animal ornaments have been added to both shops and the Meet the Squshies page. The newest critters are Derek the Shark, Ira the Elephant, and Dharma the Polar Bear.  Click their names to be taken to their  gallery page with their story. 
 
 
alphabet hoop artembroidery hoop art

The last few weeks I've been having a ton of fun working on embroidery hoop art.  It is so much fun to find the perfect combination of fabric and felt animal. Above are some alphabet themed hoops. These 3 alphabet hoops are available in the Squshies Etsy shop. 

felt shark wall art

I also added a whole bunch of hoops to the Squshies Storenvy shop. The link will take you to the wall art section where you can find all the available hoops. They can also be found under their appropriate animal category.

woodland embroidery hoop felt penguin wall art

 red panda wall art hoopbears hoop art

felt walrus hoop artfelt animal elephant hoop art

As you can see I've been having fun with the hoop art. Trying fun ways to crop the critters, fun fabric, adding props and words. There are so many fun possibilities to try on  a flat surface.

sea horse wall artdinosaur hoop art

I was also asked to make some fun custom wall art hoops for Mother's Day. Custom requests are always so much fun to make!

Also just to give everyone a head's up we will be out of town for a week in mid June. We're flying home to visit my family in NH. I'm not sure if we'll be putting the shops on vacation mode while we're gone, but we definitely won't be doing any shipping from about June 8th until June 18th.  So if you are going to need anything around that time please order early.